Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's 2:26 a.m. and I can't sleep. My mind is going in circles and I just can't seem to settle down. Okay my heart is breaking and I just can't seem to grasp what's happened to my family. My baby nephew was murdered Monday night. He was the only child of my stepbrother, Jimmy. Jimmy hasn't been a big part of his life because Jimmy is in prison and was moved from Utah to Arkansas. Jayden was 2 years old. He just turned 2 in May. His mother's boyfriend was babysitting him while his mother worked and he killed him. One version of what he told the police was, "The little fucker just wouldn't shut up so I killed him"... I just can't wrap my mind around that. He took this little boy and beat his head into a wall until he stopped screaming. Until he stopped moving.. Until he stopped breathing. What kind of a monster would do that? The sonofabitch is in police custody now but that won't bring Jayden back. My mom and stepdad were going to get Jayden for the holidays and they were so thrilled about that. That of course will never happen now. Instead they'll get to drive to Utah and watch as their baby grandson is lowered into a grave. They are in serious need of prayer. The whole family is in need. We'll pull through this because true to form, we're a family and we stick together. It just hurts really bad right now. Really, really bad.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Cat, my sympathies are with you and your family. That is just awful.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Cat.

Anonymous said...

{{{{Cathy and family}}}}

I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry.

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness, I am so, so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you and your family are having to deal with this. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.. If you need anything that I can provide, please let me know!

Love to all!
Christie

Karen said...

I'm so sorry this has happened to your family.

Anonymous said...

There are not words to describe how utterly sorry I feel for you and your whole family Cat. May you all find some peace in this terrible tragedy *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Cat, I'm so sorry. This is horrific. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Chris

Just Julie said...

That is so awful :( I'm so sorry.