Monday, May 15, 2006

At one of the sites I read I noticed that the majority of women didn't have a great Mother's Day yesterday. Why is this? Do men feel cheated on Father's Day? Do we silently plot to make their father's day a less than memorable experience? Should we? Tell me this.. What is so damn hard about treating someone special for one day? Not even a whole day! Just a little part of it even. A friend of mine was talking about her upset and hurt over the lack of consideration she got yesterday.. She said she felt like an "after thought".. Wow.. that makes a lot of sense doesn't it? Although sometimes I think that would even be better than nothing at all. I dunno. I had a friend, male of course, say that Mother's Day was just an excuse for Hallmark to make money. I wanted to bitch slap him of course. Then again he doesn't have children and he rarely speaks to his mother. Anyway, the point of my post is this: No matter how small or how cheap, do something for the mother in your life. Be it your own mother, your wife, your grandmother, whatever! If you can't afford a card then do something nice for her. Take out the trash, rub her feet, mow the lawn, clean the house.. ANYTHING! Acting like it'll go away won't help it. Ignoring her only makes it worse. And worst of all............Don't tell her she's the reason the day went crappy! And just because you're over it don't ASSume that she is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sistah!!