Saturday, May 06, 2006

Full Of It

And just because I have lots on my mind today I'll blog again.....

Online Love Affairs. What's your opinion on them? As a rule I tend to think they're dangerous and very deceitful. Of course I've been on the shitty end of one of those so maybe that's why my opinion isn't very positive. I mean really though.. Someone sits and talks to someone for hours and hours, night after night. What do they really learn about that person inside that box? They learn what that person wants them to know. And let's face it folks we can be whoever we want to be on here. There's nobody holding us accountable for telling the truth about who we really are. So while someone is claiming to be the answer to every prayer, are they really? The beauty of it is, the truth does reveal itself eventually. Sometimes people actually marry and it goes spendidly. Sometimes it tears families apart and breaks hearts. It's really something to make ya think isn't it? So if you're one of those people you may want to really think about things. You honestly never really know who you're speaking to until you've had time to be around that person and see it with your own eyes. Now while I'm not dissing those I know who have found love online I am saying that it's not for me and I would never want my children to travel such an avenue to find a mate. I guess there are some things in life that I'll never change my mind about.

1 comment:

Wrkinprogress said...

Despite the fact that I met my husband and many dear friends online, I would agree that you have to be exceptionally careful when it comes to romance, or even friendship, online. Hopefully, your instincts can tip you off to those who are untruthful or deceitful. Having said that, though, I've been burned before, too, but considering the good fortune I've had with meeting decent, wonderful people, I consider myself very lucky. :)

*Hugs*
WIP