Sunday, February 12, 2006

Happy Birthday


Today is my first born's 15th birthday. I vividly remember the day he was born. Emerging into this world, he stared at me like he'd known me forever. His deep soulful eyes staring into mine as if to say, "I've always been a part of you.. It's nice to finally meet" He was the smallest of my three children and had a head full of wild black hair. The amazement and awe that we felt when we held him was overwhelming. Over the years he's brought us much joy. He is turning into a man before our eyes and the mother in me wants to hold fast to what little boy is left in him. The free soul in me realizes I have to let him spread his wings and fly. I thank my lucky stars that I've had the chance to have such a deep and thoughtful child in my life. Happy Birthday, Robert. I loved you then, I love you now and I'll love you always.

No comments: